RE: URI Requirements

Craig,

I strongly disagree with a solution that requires using the EPG data for
resolving a resource.  My real-world experience is that the EPG data is
not accurate enough for resolving "mission critical" resources (seeing
what is on TV tonight is different from autonomous operations).

While I do not have objective measurements of the inaccuracy of existing
EPG data solutions, I frequently find movies in the EPG that do not
correlate with what is on the screen and when programming is delayed
(due to press conferences, football games, etc.) I have *never* seen a
satellite (much less downloadable) EPG get corrected.

Craig, the solution I see being suggested is a good start, but the
date/time part of the solution needs to come from somewhere else.  The
EPG does not support the level of accuracy I think is necessary and it
was not designed for the level of granularity we will probably need for
resource identification (i.e., a segment of an event).

Ted
-----
Ted Wugofski
Over the Moon Productions