Re: AICI: Focus

Henning Timcke wrote:

> Did anybody knew about http://www.davic.org/ ?

Hello Henning and all,

I believe the idea for DAVIC (Digital Audio-Visual Council) came from
Leonardo Chiariglione, the current "Contact Point" of the MPEG home page
at http://drogo.cselt.it/mpeg/

I'm not a member of DAVIC, so can't speak to the group's work, but find
their charter worth passing along to the AIC-I since there seems to be
some common interests:

"The purpose of DAVIC is to favour the success of emerging digital
audio-visual applications and services, by the timely availability of
internationally agreed specifications of open interfaces and protocols
that maximise interoperability across countries and
applications/services. The primary instrument is production of technical
specifications that maximise interoperability across countries and
applications/services..."
 http://www.davic.org/

Cheers,

Aaron Walsh
  http://www.mantiscorp.com/people/aew/

Chair, VRML Universal Media Element Library (VRML-UMEL) Working Group
  http://www.vrml.org/WorkingGroups/vrml-umel/

Co-chair, VRML Intellectual Property Rights (VRML-IPR) Task Group
  http://www.vrml.org/TaskGroups/vrml-ipr/