I've volunteered to take a stab at writing a document on TV-oriented URL
schemes.  I happen to be already working on a revision to my original
IETF Internet-Draft on "tv:", so the timing works out well to bring this
into the interest group.

It sounds to me like there's probably more than one URL scheme needed
anyway: there's a generic URL for TV broadcasts that is transport
independent (like "tv:") and then there are probably several
transport-specific schemes (like "dvb:").  The first is more like a
resource name than a locator (describing a given broadcast stream,
rather than explaining where to find it), whereas the second class of
schemes are true resource locators.

Since my old "tv:" URL draft has expired, I've put it up on our local
Web site at http://www.microsoft.com/dtv/draft-zigmond-tv-url-00.txt.
This was just an early draft, so understand that I'm not proposing this
as the final answer for us.  But I hope it helps get the discussion
going.

	Dan

Dan Zigmond
Co-Manager, Interactive Television
Senior Manager, Interactive Television Standards
WebTV Networks, Inc.
djz@corp.webtv.net