Fwd: [mng-list] Possible use of MNG in Digital Cinema

This is a forwarded message
From: McCrossan, Joe <Joe.McCrossan@unistudios.com>
To: "'mng-list@ccrc.wustl.edu'" <mng-list@ccrc.wustl.edu>
Date: Thursday, 14 March, 2002, 00:01:41
Subject: [mng-list] Possible use of MNG in Digital Cinema

Hello All,

My name is Joe McCrossan and I am, among other things, the chairman of the
SMPTE DC28 Subtitle and Caption Adhoc Group.  A little information on the
scope of the SMPTE DC28 group can be found here:
http://www.smpte.org/engineering_committees/technology_committees/

In the DC28 Subtitle and Caption Adhoc Group we are currently considering
the use of a subset of MNG for subtitle/caption streams in upcoming SMPTE
Digital Cinema standards.  The current version of the proposal can be found
here:
ftp://ftp.dc-subcap.org/pub/draft/SubpictureSpecification_V0-4.pdf

I would love to get feedback on the proposal, it is still in a draft stage
so has a long way to go before it ends up in a final form.  If you have any
comments, questions or criticisms please feel free to address them to me.

Best Regards,
Joe McCrossan

--
Send the message body "help" to mng-list-request@ccrc.wustl.edu

It might be useful to check for requirements from this group and to
ensure that the tt format can be rendered to an animated raster image
(such as MNG) for their application.

--
Best regards,