Home page for PARC HTTP-NG project

I've been fielding a number of questions lately on our HTTP-NG work,
so I thought it appropriate to set up a real live Web page to let
people know what's up.  It's at

   http://www.parc.xerox.com/istl/projects/http-ng/

Here's an excerpt:

  HTTP-NG is a project that's existed for several years in different
  forms, aiming at a re-design of HTTP in various ways to make it more
  effective for various purposes. Some of these goals have been achieved
  in HTTP 1.1.

  Others, however, have not.  In particular, the PARC HTTP-NG project is
  interested in developing a binary distributed object protocol, for use
  with the Web, which is (1) optimized for Internet use; (2) at least as
  efficient as HTTP 1.1 for World Wide Web use; and (3) also provides
  direct support for remote service invocation models such as DCOM or
  CORBA. We believe encoded and unwieldy forms of such invocations are a
  sizable fraction of Web traffic.  We believe that users of the Web and
  builders of distributed systems, such as the Xerox Corporation, would
  benefit from having one consistent system, rather than trying to cope
  with many different ones simultaneously.

  We intend to develop and test such a protocol in cooperation with a
  group of interested parties.  We would like the World Wide Web
  Consortium to sponsor this work both to give it credibility and for
  increased participation among the W3C members.  We would like an IETF
  working group to review the eventual protocol specification in an open
  forum to assure public consensus.

Bill