Displaying server error content?

I'd like to display the error content that servers sometimes send back.
For example, when the user asks for a file that doesn't exist, I get the
usual "Fatal error 404: not found".  But the interesting stuff is in
the content the server sent back.  I'm using the SaveAndCallback converter,
and afterwards I find this in the file:

<HEAD><TITLE>404 Not Found</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY><H1>404 Not Found</H1>
The requested URL
/frangelico/www/library/dev/frangelico/services/nexus.research/NexusResearch.doc
was not found on this server.
</BODY>

I registered the HTMLPresent converter ("text/html" -> "www/present")
and wrote some simple versions of the HText functions using puts,
but nothing appears.

Any ideas?