Server: Netscape-Commerce/1.1
Date: Friday, 31-May-96 08:48:24 GMT
Expires: Friday, 31-May-96 08:48:24 GMT

Connection closed by foreign host.

which looks okay to me

The http 1.0 spec says that if the Expires date is equal to or less than the Date date then the content should not be cached. Either:-

a) this isn't true for Netscape 2.0

or

b) more likely it something to do with my cgi. To expand on my methods:-

I have an html form, generated from a cgi, which calls another cgi in an IMG SRC tag. every time the form is submitted it is recreated along with the IMG SRC tag which references the other cgi program. although the image data which is produced by the second cgi changes every time the form is submitted the URL to it doesn't! The problem I'm having is that the image displayed is always the first one and never updates itself.