Re: HTTP protocol regarding form elements order

> Ah...I see what you mean. I wasn't actually aware that they were required
> to be returned in order.What I had in mind was that no information is
> lost by reordering the elements...but I guess I was making the tacit
> assumption that the NAME attributes would be unique to the form element.

Well, you lose the information about what order the elements appeared
in in the form, but that's usually fixed and known beforehand. I can
imaging situations where it isn't, but not where it would matter.

On the other hand, I have written code that had multiple occurences of
the same NAME element, and depended on the order. I decided to rewrite
it rather than depend on browsers to get this relatively minor point
right.

	<mike