RE: custom authentication functions

>----------

     ----As much as I hate to pitch Microsoft, the very feature you're
looking for is built in to Microsoft's Internet Information Server. If you
wish to authenticate users by their domain ID's, the IIS should be loaded on
one of the domain controllers containing the pool of users you wish to
authenticate. Additional authentication features are available with the
ISAPI. Check it out.

Best,