Accept-Encoding: header field

Hi,

Is there a list of browsers/versions regarding content encodings
they support during HTTP transfer?

Knowing that some browsers do support x-gzip and x-compress encoding,
yet they do not (by my experience on Mozilla and Mosaic) present
Accep-Encoding: header to HTTP-server, and that there are some browsers
(eg. lynx) which do neither, wouldn't it be the only solution
to use User-Agent header field and determine from that value whether
to send gzip'ed or not?

Best regards -- Mirsad

--
    | Mirsad Todorovac					|
    | Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing	|