Re: pre-fetching

I've been listening to the discussion of "pre-fetching" with only
half an ear.

But from what I've heard I am beginning to think that it is a form
of foul play.

If information providers begin to think that it is causing server load
problems, they will also begin to think about locking the door.

But will they lock it by calling site or by client program?   Hmmm...
(And will client programs continue to identify themselves correctly?)

William F. Hammond                   Dept. of Mathematics & Statistics
518-442-4625                                  The University at Albany
hammond@math.albany.edu                      Albany, NY 12222 (U.S.A.)
http://math.albany.edu:8000/~hammond/                FAX: 518-442-4731