Re: KidCode: Next steps

At 1:36 AM 6/19/95, Darren New wrote:
>> New web technology are under development that may support revenue models
>> more in the readers interest.
>
>Under development?  They've been fully functional for 9 months!
>http://www.fv.com    :-)   --Darren New
>   Darren New / Senior Design Engineer / First Virtual Holdings Inc.
>Anyone can buy and sell information over the internet for real money TODAY!

Thanks for the reminder :-)

Anybody that wondered why First Virtual has such an interest in ratings,
except the obvious one that an important segment of their customer base
is exactly those that would rate their content?

Similar technology that can be used for rating can be used to filter
unwanted ads. Thus the Web may get a business model more towards paying for
information rather than based on commercials, which would be very
beneficial for FV. If this isn't yet a reason, I would be happy if it
become one. It suggest that FV works on moving a rating scheme towards one
that also can be used to filter commercials. Your good business is our
pleasure... ;-)

-- Terje <Norderhaug.CHI@xerox.com>
   <URL:http://www.ifi.uio.no/~terjen/>