Re: Another approach to agent architecture [ was Re: agents .. ]

ll> I've been following the recent discussion with interest here!  It
ll> seems to me what may be critical to the success of safe-tcl is
ll> going to be the "killer app" rather than the language wars.
ll> [...] Maybe I've missed it, but I've hardly seen
ll> any safe-tcl applications at all. How about a listserve or
ll> majordomo based on safe-tcl as a possibly something people might
ll> use right away.

I, too, am very interested in safe-TCL, though I'm personally more
interested in using it to extend a Web server rather than to extend a
Web client.  I searched the TCL FAQ a month or so ago and didn't find
anything more on safe-TCL than a paper describing its design.  The
paper nor the FAQ mentioned where to pick up an implementation.  Even
a buggy implementation would be a good thing to play with -- the paper
didn't make it sound like *doing* it would be tremendously difficult,
but reinventing  a wheel doesn't appeal to me.  :-)

I don't know if there are any in-the-know safe-TCL folks subscribed to
this list, but a quickie message about implementations and/or mailing
lists would be useful to at least this person.  In the meantime, I'll
dig for more FAQ & other info on TCL in general and, gasp! wade
through the stuff currently in comp.lang.tcl to see what I can find.

-Scott
---
Scott E. Lystig Fritchie, UNIX Systems Manager       Co-founder:
Academic Computing Center, St. Olaf College          Twin Cities Free-Net
1510 St. Olaf Ave., Northfield, MN  55057            Organizing Committee
fritchie@stolaf.edu ... 507/646.3407                 (Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN)
"Activism is the killer app for the net." -- Steven Cherry <stc@panix.com>