Re: Client-side highlighting

Just to revive an idea I put into www-talk a month or three ago,

Can we please have the client parse the URL for highlight
instructions. www-talk discussed it and came up with

  http://site.name/some/path#find=look,seek

where the client whould (for compatibility) first look for
an anchor with the name "find=look,seek" - then after failing
to find it, it would highlight "look" and/or "seek".

This simple solution to highlighting can be more useful than
having servers pass extra headers, since it requires no
action on the server-side, so I can create a link to someone
else's document and ask for highlights, or the server can
generate links in this format to point to search results.

rob