Re: I-D Action:draft-hammer-discovery-02.txt

What if a single resource needs description resources that are
consumed by different applications, but there is no way to combine the
two DRs into one document, and they cannot be distinguished by media
type?

Not a problem if the DRs use RDF, but you are not limiting DRs to RDF.

Registering a new media type for each application is not practical.

Perhaps you could parameterize DRD by the link relation - that is,
where you now say "describedby", put a variable that takes on a
different value for each application. Then you could use one link
relation for A (POWDER) and another for B (XRD).

The link-extension feature of Link: (and link-pattern?) might also
help here, although I'm not sure how that would work with <link>.

Jonathan

(TAG ISSUE-62)