Re: FW: New Version Notification for draft-nottingham-site-meta-01

I'm well aware of the discussion raging over the scope/origin issue but
here are a couple of minor comments on other matters in the I-D.

Nit:
End of section 3.1 http://example.com/me should be http://example.com/terms

More substantive point 1:

Given this URI:

http://example.com/~user/index.php

What is the WKL (and therefore host-meta scope) for this?

If it's http://example.com/~user/host-meta then agents have to recognise
the ~user convention.

If it's http://example.com/host-meta (more likely) then presumably any
linked resources will apply to all users unless otherwise stated?

Or am I missing something to do with template URIs here?

Point 2:

Should existing rel types be permissible? e.g. could one link to a
stylesheet using host-meta? I realise that this isn't the intention but
would it be permissible?

Maybe the reference to the HTTP Link: registry for rel types could be
made more explicit in this regard?

Section 3.1 says:

The "Link" host-meta field uses the syntax of the Link HTTP header-
field [I-D.nottingham-http-link-header] to convey links whose context
is the entire authority, rather than a single resource.

Could it say:

The "Link" host-meta field uses the syntax *and relationship types* of
the Link HTTP header-field [I-D.nottingham-http-link-header] to convey
links whose context is the entire authority, rather than a single resource.

And I'll leave the authority issue aside for now (POWDER makes its scope
explicit so the point is moot from that narrow perspective).

That's it for now.

Phil.

--
Phil Archer