Re: Crash course in mid-east conflict

> Subject: Facts
5% facts, 95% de-facts.

> Facts
>
> The following material was written by an American Christian professor.
> It's important information to know since we don't get fair and accurate
> reporting from the media and facts tend to get lost in the jumble of daily
> events.

Why are you trying to give it a RELIGIOUS taste?
Are you an extremist or something?!
Or are you trying to say that the media is being unfair to the Jewish people?

I am CHRISTIAN as well sir, and I am from one of the countries that worked the MOST with Israel
(the Jewish State). That land happens to be called Lebanon!

Whether you are Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Budist, or any other religion, it doesn't really matter
to what you are trying to say. This is HISTORY, so let us talk about it (if this list permits
although I hardly believe so).

> Crash Course on the Arab Israeli Conflict
> Here are overlooked facts in the current Middle East situation. These were
> compiled by a Christian university professor.
> HERE'S THE BRIEF FACTS ON THE ISRAELI CONFLICT TODAY.... Takes just 1.5
> minutes to read!!!! It makes sense and it's not slanted. Jew and non-Jew --
> it doesn't matter. Thank You.

> 1. Nationhood and Jerusalem. Israel became a nation in 1312 B.C.E., two
> thousand years before the rise of Islam.

Palestine is NOT an Islamic country.
In 6000 BC, ALL of that land was known as Phoenicia (Lebanon, Palestine, Israel, Jordan, Syria,
Cyprus)

Does this give the right to people of Phoenician Origin to KICK YOU OUT OF YOUR LAND one day just
because 6000 years ago this land was theirs?!

> 2. Arab refugees in Israel began identifying themselves as part of a
> Palestinian people in 1967, two decades after the establishment of the
> modern State of Israel.

Is there a Palestinian Authority that REALLY represents the Palestinian people?
If yes, then the people would have identified as Palestinians A LONG TIME before you were ever
born.
Back then, sir, that land was viewing the terrible war of World War II. The Balfour Declaration
was not announced. Palestine was NOT an independent country. Thus, the people of Palestine were
looking forward for dependence as promised by the Allies (during World War II).
Israel was not the talk-of-the-day back then!

> 3. Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 B.C.E. the Jews have had dominion over
> the land for one thousand years with a continuous presence in the land for
> the past 3,300 years.

Joke: I know that my Grand Grand Grand Grand Grand Grand etc. Grandfather had a land right in the
spot of King Solemon's temple 7000 years ago. I forbid you to build a temple right there. That
land is MINE!

Fact: The phoenicians had dominion for 1000 years on that land. So WHAT?!

> 4. The only Arab dominion since the conquest in 635 C.E. lasted no more than 22 years.

The Arab dominion has been ON since 650 AD. Don't you have a HISTORY book for God's Sake?
Yet, the question is not who does that land belong to.
The question is:
Is Israel Using Power to Get that Land?
If yes, then why aren't Arabs allowed to use Power to regain that land?

The OBVIOUS answer is YES! Israel IS using power to GET that land!
Check the attached picture for more information!

The question now becomes, why should Arabs who fight to keep that land be called TERRORISTS?!

> 5. For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital. Jerusalem
> has never been the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity. Even when the
> Jordanians occupied Jerusalem, they never sought to make it their capital,
> and Arab leaders did not come to visit.

The ARABIC Capital is Al-Kods. This is where the conflict starts!

> 6. Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in Tanach, the Jewish Holy
> Scriptures. Jerusalem is not mentioned once in the Koran.

This is Jewish history.
We are talking about Palestine's History!
We are not talking about the Jewish history, which I respect.
Does the Jewish scripture mention the USA?!
The answer is No.
Question: Why?
Answer: Because it did not exist back then!

The same applies to Palestine!
Palestine has been always known to be a part of the Phoenician land.
Later, it became a VITAL part of the Syrian land.

It NEVER gained its independence to be a country on its own.

> 7. King David founded the city of Jerusalem. Mohammed never came to Jerusalem.

Joke: Maybe it was too far for him to cross the desert!
Fact: check the Koran. He did!

What's the point?
Why are you so RELIGIOUS man?
This is not a RELIGIOUS war if you look at it from the Palestinian side!
This is an INDEPENDENCE war!

I am Lebanese (NOT Palestinian) and the fact that families were kicked out from their own land
bugs me REALLY too much!

How about the people who were actually kicked?!
Do you think they will rest in peace before getting their land back?!
Oh and by the way, the majority of Palestine is Christians and Druz (not Islam)

> 8. Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Muslims pray with their backs toward Jerusalem.

Put it this way:

Muslims pray facing Mekkah.
Jews pray with their backs toward Makkah.

> 9. Arab and Jewish Refugees: In 1948 the Arab refugees were encouraged to
> leave Israel by Arab leaders promising to purge the land of Jews.
> Sixty-eight percent left without ever seeing an Israeli soldier.

If someone encourages me to leave the land, I would at least take something to wear with me.
I wouldn't RUN out of my house afraid of being killed. Would I?

> 10. The Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab lands due to Arab
> brutality, persecution and pogroms.

The Jewish refugees were WELCOMED by the Palestinian People when they started running away from
Hitler.

The THANK YOU for that welcoming was a KICK OUT from their homes.
The THANK YOU for that welcoming was a SHOT in the head to gain power.

> 11. The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in 1948 is estimated to be
> around 630,000. The number of Jewish refugees from Arab lands is estimated
> to be the same.

I can understand why would the Jewish refugees leave that land since it was not already theirs and
since WAR was taking place. I am Lebanese and studying in the USA. If a WAR starts in the USA, I
will be the FIRST to leave. I don't think American people will leave before me. They MUST be the
LAST people to leave.

But thank you for mentioning that 630,000 Palestinian refugees left. IF there is any truth in your
email, it is this! and they all left in one month!!!

> 12. Arab refugees were INTENTIONALLY not absorbed or integrated into the
> Arab lands to which they fled, despite the vast Arab territory. Out of the
> 100,000,000 refugees since World War II, theirs is the only refugee group in
> the world that has never been absorbed or integrated into their own peoples'
> lands. Jewish refugees were completely absorbed into Israel, a country no
> larger than the state of New Jersey.

Now that is what I call a joke of the day!

To keep things short:
1- Absorbing the Palestinian Refugees (especially in Lebanon) creates an Economical PROBLEM.
2- Absorbing the Palestinian Refugees elsewhere means "Bye Bye Palestine" and "Welcome Israel"
3- The ONLY place where this happens is in YOUR dreams!
4- Although Palestinians are NOT absorbed as civilians, they are treated as civilians. The only
difference is in their RIGHTs. The reason for having different rights is because the area (as you
probably DON'T know) in the middle east is VERY sensitive. If a country absorbs this BIG sum of
people quickly, that will create a CATASTROPHIC problem for that Country also.

5- A question for you folks out there is: Why was it SO easy to absorb Jewish Refugees in Israel
so quickly?!
Answer: They have money. They were supported by the USA and Britain. They still get ENORMOUS sums
of money from different Jewish organizations around the world. I am not saying that this is Wrong.
This is just the answer!

> 13. The Arab - Israeli Conflict: The Arabs are represented by eight separate
> nations, not including the Palestinians. There is only one Jewish nation.
> The Arab nations initiated all five wars and lost. Israel defended itself
> each time and won.

Does this mean that the word 'Arabs' is a RELIGION?!
For your information, again, (I hope you learn something out of this LONG email) Arabs are people
who talk ARABIC. They can be Christians (as I am), Islam (as many are), Druz (as many in Israel
are), etc.

Furthermore, the 1967 war was initiated by Israel.
Also, Israel was not alone. USA and Britain supported it!

> 14. The PLO's Charter still calls for the destruction of the State of
> Israel. Israel has given the Palestinians most of the West Bank land,
> autonomy under the Palestinian Authority, and has supplied them.

Thank you for giving us back a part of what was ours!
Now you will have to give the REST!

> 15. Under Jordanian rule, Jewish holy sites were desecrated and the Jews
> were denied access to places of worship. Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and
> Christian sites have been preserved and made accessible to people of all
> faiths.

If I were you, I would check this out with Sharon himself!
Did he preserve the religious sites?!
If yes, why does he have to deal with the 'Intifada' that is taking place back in Palestine as we
speak?!
Didn't all of this start when he went into the Mosque (the place where Islamic People pray) with
his SHOES on while he knew that such a thing is a SHAME for Islamic people?

> 16. The UN Record on Israel and the Arabs: of the 175 Security Council
> resolutions passed before 1990, 97 were directed against Israel.

The UN can NOT be fair on this.
For your own information, Israel is the ONLY country that is considered a country by the UN
without having BORDERS! Yes, Israel is not LIMITED with Borders!
Why?
I don't know! Ask THEM about it!!!

> 17. Of the 690 General Assembly resolutions voted on before 1990, 429 were
> directed against Israel.

Same as above!

> 18. The U. N was silent while 58 Jerusalem Synagogues were destroyed by the Jordanians.

The UN has been silent for 25 years now while Palestinians were being killed.
The UN has been silent, too, for the past 16 months when 6 Palestinans are being killed EVERY DAY!
The UN has been silent while Lebanon was facing WAR.
The UN has ALWAYS been SILENT!!!

> 19. The UN was silent while the Jordanians systematically desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetery
on the Mount of Olives.

The UN was silent when the USA was using its VETOs!!! (Can you explain to me what a VETO is?!)
Again, the UN was, is, and will always be SILENT!

> 20. The UN was silent while the Jordanians enforced an apartheid-like policy
> of preventing Jews from visiting the Temple Mount and the Western Wall.

Isn't this what you were trying to do with the BUFFER ZONES implemented by Sharon currently?!
Check my comments about being SILENT above!

> These are incredible times. We have to ask what our role should be.

Yup. Maybe this is what you should do!!!

Best regards,

Victor

ps: Could you please give me the name of that Christian professor who wrote these notes?!

=====
------> tAke a bReak! gEt eNtertained!
------> http://www.sallini.com/
-> http://netdesignplus.net/