Re: HTTP GET

Hi,
It depends on the implementation

To quote rfc 2616 (HTTP/1.1) :

The HTTP protocol does not place any a priori limit on the
length of a URI. Servers MUST be able to handle the URI of
any resource they serve, and SHOULD be able to handle URIs
of unbounded length if they provide GET-based forms that
could generate such URIs. A server SHOULD return 414
(Request-URI Too Long) status if a URI is longer than the
server can handle (see section 10.4.15).

Note: Servers ought to be cautious about depending on URI
lengths above 255 bytes, because some older client or proxy
implementations might not properly support these lengths.

--
F.Deweerdt
frederik.deweerdt@rd.francetelecom.com