Re: <address> For Style

Henrik Edlund <henrik@edlund.org> wrote:

> Yeah, I know, and hence the <address> is so vaguely specified and
> vaguely used by W3C themselves I am not currently using it at all.

Indeed the `address' element is vague.  The current HTML Working Group
didn't invent this element, rather, they had to succeed this vaguely
specified element from previous works, and they didn't really have
freedom to change this element up to Modularization of XHTML.

In XHTML 2.0, the HTML WG is considering to change this, for example,
deprecate it for a vCard-like element.  Nothing is decided so far,
and if you have any idea how to improve/replace this element, please
send your comments to www-html@w3.org.

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org