Re: text/html for xml extensions of XHTML

On Wed, 2 May 2001, Robert Miner wrote:

> Hi.
>
> > But you can already do that. That's no problem, and works fine with
> > sending all text/html through HTML parsers. What people are arguing is
> > that text/html should be sent through _XML_ parsers on modern UAs, so that
> > namespaces can be processed... which immediately means that the document
> > would not work on older browsers, so the argument falls apart.
>
> I presume you already know I disagree with this, but I feel obliged to
> correct this misapprehension at every instance.  I don't want to send
> HTML to XML parsers -- I only want XML ***incorrectly identified with
> the MIME type text/html due to circumstances beyond the authors
> control*** to be sent to XML parsers.

Would you also like PNGs incorrectly identified with the MIME type
text/html due to circumstances beyond the authors control to be sent to
PNG decoders?

--
Ian Hickson                                            )\     _. - ._.)   fL
Invited Expert, CSS Working Group                     /. `- '  (  `--'