Re: Proposal for an "address:" URI Scheme

Why not just "postal:"?

In this part of the world "address" is a synonym of URI, as in "ftp
address", "email address", "web address". Thus the "address" part of
"postal-address" is redundant, since it is implicitly already there
(You might as well use "postal-URI:").

Also, postal codes ("zip" in US English) are not widely used on private
letters here, and many people (like me) wouldn't know the codes for
themselves or their addressees. So don't go requiring them.

Douglas Bagnall

Sean B. Palmer wrote:

>      "postal-address:" is a bit long
>      - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/2001Mar/0022.html
>
> That does make it one of the larger schemes... but the main problem is
> that the "-" rules out IETF-ization, as per RFC 2717:-
[...]