Re: refresh web page from server

Petr Kocarek <kocarep@feld.cvut.cz> wrote:

> I am programming a web server application and I need to  refresh web page
> asynchronously from server, but I cannot find the right RFC or other
> document which describes it. I was looking for it in the description for
> HTTP 1.1 and related documents but I am not able to find it....

Unfortunately, this is not supported in HTTP. You may want to speak to the
people at KnowNow.com, however, who have built their entire business around
adding this functionality. The way they do it right now is to include a
JavaScript microserver on the client computer which then waits for a message
from the big server. In your case, when it received this message it would
refresh the page.

Hope this helps,