Re: quickie: client force no headers in server response

At 11:39 AM 2/11/00, Bob Jernigan wrote:
>Dmitry Beransky wrote:
> > A Simple-Response should only be sent in response to an HTTP/0.9
>
>But where are you going to find a server that supports HTTP/0.9?
>With a rather old version of Apache I get:

You don't need a HTTP 0.9 server, from what I gather from the specs, all
the compliant servers (1.0 &1.1) have to be backward compatible with HTTP 0.9.

Also, the HTTP 1.0 spec says that a Simple-Response can only be given to a
Simple-Request, where the Simple-Request is defined as: Simple-Request =
"GET" SP Request-URI CRLF.  So try sending the following:

GET /?sql=select+*+from+dual;

Cheers
Dmitry