Re: Requesting TAG review of Push API

On 11/07/2017 17:03, Andrew Betts wrote:
> Hi Leonie, webapps,
>
> We're sorry for the extended delay TAG replying to this.  The TAG's
> workmode <https://tag.w3.org/workmode/> [1] requests that people asking
> us for a review open an issue on our issue tracker in GitHub, and as a
> result we have gotten out of the habit of monitoring the mailing list
> for such requests.  That said, it's our responsibility to keep up with
> messages directed to us on our MLs and we're sorry we missed this one.
> At the very least, we should have redirected you to our tracker in a
> prompt reply, so to be clear we accept complete responsibility for the
> delay here.

Thanks Andrew.

> First of all, I've opened an issue on the tracker
> <https://github.com/w3ctag/design-reviews/issues/184> [2].  I can
> confirm that we would indeed be interested in providing a review, but
> I'd like to check first that it's not moot at this point first.
Not at all, we'd still welcome the TAG's review. If you're able to get
the review done sooner rather than later it'd be appreciated though. The
editor has been putting in a lot of good work on this spec, so getting
it moved to Rec would be a good thing to do IMO.

> Second, we're interested to know if you prefer to raise review requests
> on the ML (over using Github issues) and if so, why, so we can, if
> appropriate, consider changes to the work mode of the TAG.

No, not at all. Github is preferred (old habits die hard is the only
reason it came via email).

No need to reply to this email (in the interests of not making things
worse).

In future we'll file requests on Github though.

Léonie.

--
@LeonieWatson @tink@toot.cafe tink.uk Carpe diem