Re: MathML spec re: Obsoleting some specifications

Hi,

Chaals wrote:

> The implication is effectively that it gets a banner, saying we think you
should be looking at something else if you want to implement MathML.

(Where "something else" refers to MathML 3 as opposed to MathML 1 and 2.)

This sounds like a very good idea.

> If there is some significant level of MathML 2 support in deployed stuff
that people use, that isn't matched by MathML 3 support then it may make
sense to keep both [...]

>From our experience at MathJax, there are extremely few cases of MathML 2
content that is not compatible with MathML 3 (and causes issues). My
unsubstantiated estimate would be that we have one case per year appearing
on our radar. I can't recall any of these being a major problem to resolve.

So marking MathML 1 and 2 as obsolete seems very sensible.

Best,
Peter.
--

Peter Krautzberger, MathJax Manager