Re: Locating file- and directory-specific metadata (Was: Re: Spec review request: CSV on the Web)

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 1:16 PM, Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com> wrote:
> On 19 May 2015 at 07:52:01, Mark Nottingham (mnot@mnot.net) wrote:
>
> The reason that I thought this worthy of TAG discussion is because it illustrates a situation where file- and directory-specific well known locations would be very useful. This might be a need that arises in other cases, so it would be helpful for the community to have the best-practice way of addressing the requirement spelled out. This is particularly the case if the right solution is .well-known, as .well-known is currently described as being for "site-wide metadata", not metadata for individual files. Plus it's always useful to test best practice guidance against real use cases.

I would like to add that RFC 6415 provide a mechanism for
resource-specific metata, although IMHO this is clunky. This would use
templates defined in a host-meta file which would be placed in the
",well-known" directory.

Yakov