From: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 19:06:11 -0500
Cc: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@hsivonen.fi>, Public TAG List <www-tag@w3.org>
To: "Eric J. Bowman" <eric@bisonsystems.net>

On 2015-01 -26, at 22:15, Eric J. Bowman <eric@bisonsystems.net> wrote:

> Henri Sivonen wrote:
>>
>> But where, in the mailing list discussions, are the people who do live
>> in a place that's remote such that the bottleneck is between the ISP
>> and the backbone? If there's a link to the backbone at all, email
>> works, so the circumstances don't technically rule out participation
>> in discussions like this one.

Wow. They are users,  They do not spend their time on this list for many reasons.
They have other things to do with their time.  If they were serious geeks they would have moved but in fact they just want to run their hotel, cafe, business, .   If you look at this list you won't find a representative sample of all the users.  You will find, I expect, mainly white english-speaking male technology experts.  Do not require a user population to be represented here before you cater to their needs.

Tim