Re: ftp: no longer supported by Chome?

From: Eric J. Bowman <eric@bisonsystems.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 09:26:30 -0700
To: Domenic Denicola <d@domenic.me>
Cc: Marc Fawzi <marc.fawzi@gmail.com>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, Chris Palmer <palmer@google.com>, Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>, "Michael[tm] Smith" <mike@w3.org>, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@hsivonen.fi>, Public TAG List <www-tag@w3.org>
Domenic Denicola wrote:

> And the transformation of the TAG list into a tech support forum for
> Chrome is complete.

When a major browser fails to support (except spottily) a major protocol
for over five years, it shouldn't come as any surprise when the issue
gets brought up here. What support forum am I missing to discuss
whether FTP is even still considered part of the "Web Platform"?

It's only something that's worked in every other major browser, for
everyone, since the beginning. Just wondering if I can count on it in
the future. Don't tell me to go ask Google on the chrome support forums,
please.

> Well, we had a good run with web architecture, I suppose.

Some would say that run ended a while ago.

-Eric