From: Paul Libbrecht <paul@hoplahup.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 22:22:52 +0100
Cc: Public TAG List <www-tag@w3.org>
To: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
>> Please stop saying we are steadily under attack. We are not.
>> And in many many many cases in common use on the web, we do not care if
>> we would be.
>
> FWIW, that sentiment deeply worries me, given that this is a discussion about *security* and *privacy*.

Why?
Asserting we are under attack need some frequency analysis which is not done here.

Asserting that we do not care in some cases seems important to me.
E.g. Chaals has been indicating a very similar sentence.

That does not remove the fact that is desirable to transition.
It influences how urgent, rough, or urgent the transition should be. I think it is the role of this discussion.

paul