From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 09:52:39 -0800
To: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Cc: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@hsivonen.fi>, Public TAG List <www-tag@w3.org>
On 5 January 2015 at 03:04, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org> wrote:
> If the videos are all https: then he won't be able to cache them, except --
> not to worry, the tools he buys will probably include MITM attack tools, so
> in fact he *will* be able to cache things after all.

I think that it's a little sad that this is the only response we have
to this situation.  Of course we can break the encryption.  It does
instantly restore function to our existing toolchain.

Or, we could apply ourselves to the problem and then maybe we can have
both security AND caching.

Jus' sayin'.