Re: PSA: publishing new WD of URL spec

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 18:58:51 +0200
To: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Cc: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@greenbytes.de>, Marcos Caceres <marcos@marcosc.com>, Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 6:52 PM, Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org> wrote:
> Only those implementers that can afford to staff a team to keep up
> with a moving target. That's not all potential implementers.

What do you mean moving target? In general we only change
specifications if there's something wrong or if there is a new feature
the community would like to add. "Living Standard" does not mean core
algorithms are constantly changing. It just means they are maintained,
as all software has to be.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/