Re: WebCrypto: JSON data encoding debate

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 18:01:16 +0100
To: Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>
Cc: "www-tag@w3.org List" <www-tag@w3.org>, Ryan Sleevi <sleevi@google.com>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, Yehuda Katz <wycats@gmail.com>
>>From last week's meeting, it seems reasonable for us to consider the case
>of binary UTF-8 JSON data being exposed as API:
>
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcrypto/2014Mar/0116.html
>
>To my design-nose, this smells. Thoughts?

The mail seems like a complaint about `importKey` expecting binary data
as parameter while, apparently, having that data as JS object or as JSON
text string is also common, and a proposal to make `importKey` accept a
JS object in addition to binary data. Your issue is with which part of
that, exactly?