Re: Seeking Feedback on Capability URLs Draft

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 11:56:08 +0200
To: John Kemp <john@jkemp.net>
Cc: Daniel Appelquist <Daniel.Appelquist@telefonica.com>, www-tag <www-tag@w3.org>
On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 4:58 PM, John Kemp <john@jkemp.net> wrote:
> I've previously thought about commenting on this document, but stopped
> myself, mostly because I think the document strikes the wrong tone for me;
> why does the foremost architectural body on the Web seem so against the use
> of capability URLS, when (albeit in my opinion) they seem so much better
> aligned with Web architecture than ACL/password approaches?

Well, unless you're careful, they leak like crazy. E.g. if you include
jQuery from Google's CDN, Google will know all your secrets. It's
certainly a great idea, but the web needs new features in order to
make it work (or sites need to use a lot of hacks, to the detriment of
some of the other features of the web).

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/