Re: Preparing to Publish HTTPS Finding

How about following in IETF and Google's footsteps and have a Bitcoin
blockchain-like public log of issued certificates for auditors?

Otherwise, Https is currently open to subversion by state actors and
terrorist organizations, as well as any criminal organization with enough
resources to infiltrate CAs and you'd be selling a fictitious story that
many people will believe without questioning, even if you say it's
imperfect. The perception is that an https connection is secure and immune
to surveillance (but that perception is dangerous as it could lead to
imprisonment and torture of political dissidents and activists -- recall
that Dutch CA episode when Iranian agents infiltrated a CA)

Maybe mighty Google's own ideas about making the web more secure would pass
the TAG's silly and condescending giggle test?

http://www.certificate-transparency.org/

See "How Log Proofs Work"