Mark Nottingham wrote:

> * That leads pretty naturally to a discussion of the priority of
> constituencies, as defined by HTML5
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/html-design-principles/#priority-of-constituencies>
> -- it'd be interesting to apply here and maybe make it a wider
> discussion among the W3C (we've already started putting our foot into
> this water in the IETF:
> <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-stakeholder-rights-00>).

-1

Priority rights would be more interesting if actually followed. From
where I sit, though, the problem with HTML5 and HTTP2 is the primary
stakeholder is really browser vendors. I lost track of how many
discussions ended with "browsers will/won't implement that" but that's
really the essence of my problem with the process -- tail wags dog.

How about we don't pay disingenuous lip-service to users and authors,
with yet more documentation nobody follows when designing specs suited
to browser vendors uber alles?

-Eric