Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> Certificates are available free today for hobby projects (see
> StartSSL). And per https://www.cloudflare.com/plans it seems you can
> get a commercial project running over TLS for free as well, including
> some performance benefits.

Gosh, you mean all I have to do to implement privacy for my users, is
cede my own privacy and that of my business, and anyone associated with
it from directors down to low-level managers, to CloudFlare and any
"alleged" copyright holders or other "complaintants?" Sign me up! ;-)

While limited support may be adequate for hobby sites, for serious
commercial use, 24/7 phone support is only mentioned for $5K/month.
And not even that account option negates those onerous Terms of
Service, which fail to quantify how much resource usage is too much,
let alone how it's to be measured, other than in a subjective and
arbitrary fashion involving the siccing of private investigators on
their users and/or customers.

-Eric