Re: The ability to automatically upgrade a reference to HTTPS from HTTP

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 18:29:13 -0400
To: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, Public TAG List <www-tag@w3.org>
CC: SW-forum Web <semantic-web@w3.org>

On 8/22/2014 1:00 PM, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:
> There is a massive and reasonable push to get everything from HTTP space into HTTPS.

How concerned should we be about reductions in the effectiveness of the
Web's caching infrastructure when this happens? I really am not up on the
numbers these days, and I wouldn't be surprised if the growth of network
bandwidth and computing power makes that less of an issue that it would
have been years ago. Still, I'd be curious to know whether we have
quantitative information about the likely impact.

Noah