Re: ACTION-791: Redraft proposed "status" section that TAG is suggesting for Polyglot

Hi Everyone,

As discussed at today's F2F meeting, we'd like the HTML WG to consider the
following preface language for "Status of This Document":

This document summarizes design guidelines for authors who wish their XHTML
or HTML documents to validate on either HTML or XML parsers. This
specification is intended to be used by web authors, particularly authors
who want to serve receivers which may have either (but not both) XML or
HTML parsers available. This commonly arises in legacy systems and content
syndication. Polyglot is one of several transition mechanisms from legacy
XML to HTML5 and this document serves to describe it accurately.

No recommendation is made in this document or by the W3C regarding whether
or not to publish polyglot content. In general, authors are encouraged to
publish HTML content using HTML5 syntax and media types (either HTML syntax
and text/html, or XHTML syntax andapplication/xhtml+xml

This document is not a specification for user agents and creates no
obligations on user agents. Note that this recommendation does not define
how HTML5-conforming user agents should process HTML documents. Nor does it
define the meaning of the Internet Media Type text/html. For user agent
guidance and for these definitions, see [HTML5] and [RFC2854].

Regards