Re: Hanging stuff of navigator

On 16/05/2013 17:33 , Marcos Caceres wrote:
> On Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Alex Russell wrote:
>> watchPosition() and clearWatch() don't seem to difficult --
>> watchPosition() starts an event stream.
>
> Right, I thought of the same. But we don't have a standard way on the
> platform to register for "event streams". That is, neither
> addEventListener() nor "foo.onwhatever" (EventHandler attribute) are
> well suited for this because of the need to provide "options".

If we're going to redesign Geolocation, we might as well do so in a way
that supports good UX and good privacy practices (i.e. not triggering a
permission bar/dialog devoid of context) but rather a user-activated
control.

I'm not generally a fan of exposing device APIs through form controls,
but this strikes me as a great example that requires precisely that sort
of user-mediation.