Re: Trimming the SecurityPolicy DOM interface

WebKit/Blink respects every CSP policy it receives; that is, you can
tighten the page's effective policy by adding a new <meta> tag. You cannot
loosen an existing policy. See
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/content-security-policy/raw-file/tip/csp-specification.dev.html#enforcing-multiple-policiesfor
the rationale.

I'm not sure I see the value in allowing script to loosen the resource's
existing policy. I understand the use-case, but allowing script on the page
to loosen the page's policy seems counter to the main thrust of CSP's
protections.

On the main point, I do see use cases for some of what Alex has been
talking about in previous threads. I'm hoping that those (constructing and
querying individual policy objects) are orthogonal to the API that's
currently specified in the spec (querying the page's effective policy).

-mike

--
Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, Developer Advocate
Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München, Germany