Re: AWWW second edition, maybe -- terminology

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 18:26:21 +0100
To: algermissen1971 <algermissen1971@me.com>
Cc: Nick Gall <nick.gall@gmail.com>, www-tag <www-tag@w3.org>
algermissen1971 writes:

> "the use of URIs to perform actions" honestly makes me shiver - do we want to go back on square one?

I would like to understand exactly what's troubling you here.  Is it
that

 1) You don't think it makes sense to talk about "[using URIs] to
    perform actions", e.g. when we buy things online;

 2) You agree it makes sense, but you don't think it's an important
    case to discuss at all/architecturally;

 3) You agree it makes sense, but you think such use is
    uninterestingly different (architecturally) from the "get me some
    information" case;

 4) None of the above.

Thanks,

ht