Re: Standardizing on IDNA 2003 in the URL Standard

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 5:35 PM, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im> wrote:
> Given that IDNA 2003 is tied to Unicode 3.2 (via stringprep), I'm
> curious to know more about what you mean by "IDNA 2003 ... without
> restrictions to a particular Unicode version".

As far as I can tell from implementations what it means is that the
NFKC normalization algorithm from Unicode is the one defined in the
latest edition of Unicode rather than that of Unicode 3.2. I don't
think the other tables from Stringprep have been modified, but I
haven't exhaustively tested that. I probably should.

> Do you have a preferred venue for discussion of this topic?

Not really. Wherever people pay attention I suppose :-)

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/