Re: Google Maps URL Scheme

Le 14 déc. 2012 à 08:10, Karl Dubost a écrit :

> Talking about Architecture of the Web and proliferation of URL schemes :(
> Google has decided to create yet another URL schemes.
> 	comgooglemaps
>> In Google Maps URL Scheme - Google Maps SDK for iOS — Google Developers
>> At https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/ios/urlscheme
>>
>> You can use the comgooglemaps URL scheme to launch
>> the Google Maps app for iPhone and perform searches,
>> direction requests, and display map views. When you launch
>> Google Maps your bundle identifier is automatically sent as part of the request.

Interesting. The advantage for them is that they can ensure proprietary linking...
I wonder if that is something everyone wants but it's clear at least (using this basically means you want a vendor lock-in!).
(in the current situation on iOS, it seems desired by users).

I wonder, however, how much of this could be brought (back?) to the geo URL which is only slowly supported.
All parameters there make sense for just about any other mapping system.

paul