Re: Typo in section 5.1 Orthogonal Specifications

Markus,

Thank you so much for your comment [1] on the TAG's Architecture of the
World Wide Web, section 5.1 [2].

On 11/6/2012 7:41 AM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:

 > There's a typo in section 5.1 Orthogonal Specifications:
 >
 > When two specifications are orthogonal, one may change one without
 > requiring...
 >
 > should be replaced with
 >
 > When two specifications are orthogonal, one may change without
 > requiring...

The TAG discussed your concern on its teleconference of 8 November. After
careful consideration, there was no consensus that there is in fact a
problem with the original text, or that the suggested replacement would be
an improvement.  Accordingly, I have been asked to inform you that the TAG
does not agree that a change is needed. The minutes of the discussion are
at [3].

We are very grateful for your taking the trouble to review our work in
detail, and we always welcome comments. Thank you very much.

Noah Mendelsohn
For the W3C Technical Architecture Group

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webarch-comments/2010OctDec/0001.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-webarch-20041215/#orthogonal-specs
[3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/11/08-minutes#item03

Tracker: this e-mail fulfills TAG ACTION-766