ISSUE-62 Citing URLs with Kcite

From: Jonathan A Rees <rees@mumble.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 14:13:43 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org
Came across this blog post and wanted the tracker to link it to
ISSUE-62; just in case we ever to decide to take that up again.

This is a down-in-the-trenches report from someone who has to have a
solution to the problem of discovering web-resource reference
metadata.

-Jonathan

http://process.knowledgeblog.org/246

Citing URLs with Kcite

The Kcite plugin (Cockell and Lord 2011)* generates bibliographies in
kblog articles from a variety of different article identifiers,
including arXiv, PubMed and DOIs. Kcite now also supports simple URLs
(Lord 2012)*. In this article, I describe how to use kcite to cite an
article via a URL. This has the significant advantage that many more
forms of article can be cited than the restricted subset with other
identifiers.