Re: XML-ER and self-delimiting

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 10:51:04 +0100
To: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Cc: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>, "Bjoern Hoehrmann (derhoermi@gmx.net)" <derhoermi@gmx.net>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
On 30/04/2012 10:40, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> Seems to me this is missing a trick --

Lots of tricks actually:-)

But it's pointless arguing the point with me:
you need to argue it on xml-er list.

The fact that html has gone from being defined (at least in principle)
via a schema applied to a generic language framework to a custom parser
described in prose is not entirely without cost. However it's pretty
much a central tenet of the design of html(5) that this is necessary
that arguing otherwise is not clearly a productive way forward....

David