Re: TAG on privacy by design for web applications

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 12:44:36 -0400
To: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
CC: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>, "public-privacy@w3.org" <public-privacy@w3.org>

On 4/29/2012 12:16 PM, Thomas Roessler wrote:
> I'll point out that these draft minutes were public, and were posted to a public list.
>
> While I'll happily respect the TAG's wishes to not point other parties at its minutes, I'd suggest that, if you indeed prefer that people don't refer to your draft minutes, you post them in a member-confidential context.

Thomas: I think the right middle ground is roughly:

* Try to avoid referencing or copying minutes in draft form, except when
there is an urgent need, as there is a risk of inappropriately passing on
incorrectly scribed material.

* If there is a need to reference draft minutes, either because the
situation is time critical, or because you are helping to improve the
quality of the minutes before they freeze, then make clear in any case
where you are re-quoting material that it may represent an incorrect record
of what was actually said.

Thank you.

Noah