W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > April 2012

Minutes from April 12 TAG Telcon

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 09:48:42 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-ID: <alpine.DEB.1.10.1204260947210.31718@wnl.j3.bet>
Available online at:
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/04/12-minutes.html

And in plain text below:
-----------------

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

               Technical Architecture Group Teleconference

12 Apr 2012

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/04/12-agenda

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tagmem-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Ashok Malhotra, Jeni Tennison, Yves Lafon, Noah
           Mendelsohn, Henry Thompson, Tim Berners-Lee, Larry
           Masinter, Jonathan Rees, Peter Linss

    Regrets
    Chair
           Noah Mendelsohn

    Scribe
           Yves Lafon

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Administrative items
          2. [6]Close pending Actions without discussion
          3. [7]ISSUE-50 (URNsAndRegistries-50): Registries
          4. [8]Web Applications: Security
          5. [9]closing actions
          6. [10]Pending review actions
          7. [11]Overdue actions
          8. [12](URNsAndRegistries-50): Registries
      * [13]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

    next scribe should be Peter

    ht: F2F minutes, tuesday's minutes were out yesterday, there
    are still work to do in there (mark in red)

    tim: I worked on those

    ht: let's postpone until next week

    so for all, we need you to review tuesday's minutes

    ht: there is a draft action form Robin (on tuesday), but it
    didn't make it in the action list

    <noah> [14]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/04/03-minutes

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/04/03-minutes

    noah: we should probably assign that issue

    <noah> Based on imperfect record in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/04/03-minutes assigning

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/04/03-minutes

    <noah> ACTION: Robin to draft scope and goals for the
    Patterns/Pitfalls work in local/remote storage synch [recorded
    in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tagmem-minutes.html#action01]

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tagmem-minutes.html#action01

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-693 - Draft scope and goals for the
    Patterns/Pitfalls work in local/remote storage synch [on Robin
    Berjon - due 2012-04-19].

Administrative items

    Chair solicits guidance on level of TAG interest in issues like
    the proposed http+aes URI scheme

    <JeniT> +1 to have a brief look

    timbl: interested to have something presented about it

    <noah> ACTION: Noah to work up simple intro to http+aes uri
    scheme and schedule discussion, possibly with PLH - Due
    2012-04-24 [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tagmem-minutes.html#action02]

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tagmem-minutes.html#action02

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-694 - work up simple intro to
    http+aes uri scheme and schedule discussion, possibly with PLH
    [on Noah Mendelsohn - due 2012-04-24].

Close pending Actions without discussion

    there are 4 issues to be closed, talk now or else we will close
    them

    <noah> Proposal to close in bulk ACTION-627,ACTION-662,
    ACTION-673, ACTION-674, ACTION-676

    <noah> RESOLVED: to close in bulk ACTION-627,ACTION-662,
    ACTION-673, ACTION-674, ACTION-676

    close ACTION-627

    <trackbot> ACTION-627 Schedule very detailed line-by-line
    review of Pub&Linking draft at January F2F closed

    close ACTION-662

    <trackbot> ACTION-662 Redraft proposed product page on API
    Minimization (
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/apiminimization.html)
    closed

      [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/apiminimization.html)

    close ACTION-673

    <trackbot> ACTION-673 Prepare for F2F discussion of
    httpRange-14 change proposals Due 2012-03-13 closed

    close ACTION-674

    <trackbot> ACTION-674 encourage Chris Lilley to meet with us to
    discuss 3023bis and semantics of Fragment Identifiers closed

    close ACTION-676

    <trackbot> ACTION-676 Check with Norm whether there is
    sufficient feedback on HTML/XML to merit F2F discussion closed

ISSUE-50 (URNsAndRegistries-50): Registries

    Noah: should we wait to have Larry ?

    <noah> Looking at:
    [19]http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-re
    gs-04

      [19] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-regs-04

    Jeni: would be far better to have Larry to discuss this

    jar: there was a deadline soon (like this week)
    ... reviewed the diff, I find it weak wrt fragment ids

    jeni: might be good to wait until next week and have a short
    call about that

    [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2012Apr/0043.ht
    ml

      [20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2012Apr/0043.html

    jar deadline is tomorrow

    ht: it's WGLC so we are not entirely too late

    noah: regarding Jeni's document, there was a 2 days of silence
    = consent

    <noah>
    [21]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2012Apr/0003.html

      [21] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2012Apr/0003.html

    <noah> ACTION-680?

    <trackbot> ACTION-680 -- Noah Mendelsohn to schedule (soon) TAG
    telcon review of
    [22]http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-re
    gs-04 -- due 2012-04-17 -- PENDINGREVIEW

      [22] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-regs-04

    <trackbot>
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/680

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/680

    <noah> ACTION-680?

    <trackbot> ACTION-680 -- Jeni Tennison to lead TAG telcon
    review (rescheduled) of
    [24]http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-re
    gs-04 -- due 2012-04-24 -- PENDINGREVIEW

      [24] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-regs-04

    <trackbot>
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/680

      [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/680

Web Applications: Security

    <noah> ACTION-344?

    <trackbot> ACTION-344 -- Jonathan Rees to alert TAG chair when
    CORS and/or UMP goes to LC to trigger security review -- due
    2012-03-27 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/344

      [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/344

    jar: the question is "is the security consideration section
    accurate?"

    <noah> [27]http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-cors-20120403/#security

      [27] http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-cors-20120403/#security

    jar: some suggestion were requested but not sure they made it
    in the security consideration section. Having an external
    review would be helpful

    ashok: looked at the webapps wg charter and it looks like they
    stopped working on UMP.

    jar: UMP was folded into CORS

    if the flag is off, you have UMP

    noah: do you think we should invite tlr when larry is around
    (to see if there are plans for ietf review of this document)

    ht: first instance would be to ask tlr via email

    <noah> close ACTION-344

    <trackbot> ACTION-344 Alert TAG chair when CORS and/or UMP goes
    to LC to trigger security review closed

    <noah> ACTION: Jonathan to check with Thomas Roessler on
    whether security review of CORS is coming up in W3C/IETF
    liaison [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tagmem-minutes.html#action03]

      [28] http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tagmem-minutes.html#action03

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-695 - Check with Thomas Roessler on
    whether security review of CORS is coming up in W3C/IETF
    liaison [on Jonathan Rees - due 2012-04-19].

    <noah> Per HT request on 15 March 2012, I think we should
    discuss whether we think XML-ER is adopting the right goals and
    use cases. At F2F if it fits.

    noah: it seems suboptimal to talk about that without Robin

    ht: would be good to wait two weeks

    <noah> ACTION: Jeni to frame discussion of XML-ER goals and use
    cases - Due 2012-04-24 [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tagmem-minutes.html#action04]

      [29] http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tagmem-minutes.html#action04

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-696 - frame discussion of XML-ER
    goals and use cases [on Jeni Tennison - due 2012-04-24].

    <noah> ACTION-656?

    <trackbot> ACTION-656 -- Noah Mendelsohn to schedule discussion
    of possibly getting W3C to invest in technologies for liberal
    XML processing (e.g. XML5) -- due 2012-04-24 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/656

      [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/656

closing actions

    <jar> The question for me is: Are languages for which all
    strings are valid (nonerroneous) sentences architecturally good
    or bad?

    <noah> ACTION-564?

    <trackbot> ACTION-564 -- Henry Thompson to track fragid issues
    in 3023bis, report to TAG and/or communicate with 3023bis
    editors as appropriate -- due 2012-04-02 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/564

      [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/564

    <noah> ACTION-628?

    <trackbot> ACTION-628 -- Henry Thompson to work with Chris
    Lilley to bring forward prose for 3023bis wrt generic
    processing of fragment identifiers which addresses the rdf+xml
    and xhtml+xml issues -- due 2012-04-02 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/628

      [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/628

Pending review actions

    <noah> close ACTION-628

    <trackbot> ACTION-628 Work with Chris Lilley to bring forward
    prose for 3023bis wrt generic processing of fragment
    identifiers which addresses the rdf+xml and xhtml+xml issues
    closed

    <noah> Henry to reopen and reschedule ACTION-564

    Noah: is there a volunteer for chairing and the agenda for next
    week?

    chair for next week: ht

    <noah> ACTION-680?

    <trackbot> ACTION-680 -- Jeni Tennison to lead TAG telcon
    review (rescheduled) of
    [33]http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-re
    gs-04 -- due 2012-04-24 -- PENDINGREVIEW

      [33] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-regs-04

    <trackbot>
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/680

      [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/680

Overdue actions

    <noah>
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue?sort
    =owner

      [35] 
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue?sort=owner

    <noah> ACTION-678?

    <trackbot> ACTION-678 -- Robin Berjon to ask Dom if there's
    something he think would be worth discussing with the TAG --
    due 2012-03-22 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [36]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/678

      [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/678

    <noah> close ACTION-678

    <trackbot> ACTION-678 Ask Dom if there's something he think
    would be worth discussing with the TAG closed

    <noah> ACTION-659?

    <trackbot> ACTION-659 -- Yves Lafon to track IETF efforts on
    HTTP 2.0 & SPDY Due: 2012-03-20 -- due 2012-03-20 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [37]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/659

      [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/659

    <noah> ACTION-659 Due: 2012-07-31

    <noah> ACTION-659 - Due 2012-07-31

    <noah> ACTION-659?

    <trackbot> ACTION-659 -- Yves Lafon to track IETF efforts on
    HTTP 2.0 & SPDY Due: 2012-03-20 -- due 2012-03-20 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [38]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/659

      [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/659

    <noah> ACTION-659 Due: 2012-07-31

    <noah> ACTION-659: Due 2012-07-31

    <trackbot> ACTION-659 Track IETF efforts on HTTP 2.0 & SPDY
    Due: 2012-03-20 notes added

    <noah> ACTION-638

    <noah> close ACTION-638

    <trackbot> ACTION-638 Help Noah figure out best ways, if at
    all, for TAG to participate in IETF paris closed

    <noah> ACTION-594?

    <trackbot> ACTION-594 -- Yves Lafon to with Peter and Henry
    produce partial revision of fragment id finding -- due
    2012-03-13 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [39]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/594

      [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/594

    <noah> close ACTION-594?

    <noah> was discussed at F2f

    <JeniT> +1 for closing

    <noah> ACTION-683?

    <trackbot> ACTION-683 -- Yves Lafon to figure out who might be
    a good choice to present Hybi (and as appropriate WebSocket
    protocols) to the TAG -- due 2012-04-09 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [40]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/683

      [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/683

    <noah> ACTION-683 Due 2012-04-24

    <trackbot> ACTION-683 Figure out who might be a good choice to
    present Hybi (and as appropriate WebSocket protocols) to the
    TAG due date now 2012-04-24

    <noah> ACTION-679?

    <trackbot> ACTION-679 -- Yves Lafon to check how Appcache
    should fit into Ashok's storage document -- due 2012-04-02 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [41]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/679

      [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/679

    <noah> ACTION-679 Due 2012-04-31

    <trackbot> ACTION-679 check how Appcache should fit into
    Ashok's storage document due date now 2012-04-31

    <noah> close ACTION-594

    <trackbot> ACTION-594 With Peter and Henry produce partial
    revision of fragment id finding closed

    <noah> ACTION-677?

    <trackbot> ACTION-677 -- Noah Mendelsohn to contact HTML WG
    co-chairs to ask about timing for output of Encrypted Media TF
    -- due 2012-03-24 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [42]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/677

      [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/677

    <noah> ACTION-677 Due 2012-04-24

    <trackbot> ACTION-677 Contact HTML WG co-chairs to ask about
    timing for output of Encrypted Media TF due date now 2012-04-24

    <noah> ACTION-687?

    <trackbot> ACTION-687 -- Noah Mendelsohn to look for
    opportunities to discuss putting forward something to the AB
    about the Process and the failed reference from RECs to expired
    RFCs as a side-effect of scope creep etc. -- due 2012-04-04 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [43]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/687

      [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/687

    <masinter> expired internet drafts

    <masinter> RFCs don't expire

    <noah> ACTION-687 Due 2012-04-24

    <trackbot> ACTION-687 Look for opportunities to discuss putting
    forward something to the AB about the Process and the failed
    reference from REC drafts to expired RFCs as a side-effect of
    scope creep etc. due date now 2012-04-24

    <jar> edited action name

    <noah> ACTION-677?

    <trackbot> ACTION-677 -- Noah Mendelsohn to contact HTML WG
    co-chairs to ask about timing for output of Encrypted Media TF
    -- due 2012-04-24 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [44]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/677

      [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/677

    <noah> ACTION-667?

    <trackbot> ACTION-667 -- Noah Mendelsohn to check, when
    publishing and linking wraps, whether it's time to reinvest in
    [45]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/evolution/Registries.htm
    l -- due 2012-04-01 -- OPEN

      [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/evolution/Registries.html

    <trackbot>
    [46]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/667

      [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/667

    <noah> ACTION-667 Due 2012-07-15

    <trackbot> ACTION-667 Check, when publishing and linking wraps,
    whether it's time to reinvest in
    [47]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/evolution/Registries.htm
    l due date now 2012-07-15

      [47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/evolution/Registries.html

    <noah> ACTION-657?

    <trackbot> ACTION-657 -- Noah Mendelsohn to schedule telcon
    discussion of possible XML/HTML Unification next steps -- due
    2012-04-10 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [48]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/657

      [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/657

    <noah> close ACTION-657

    <trackbot> ACTION-657 Schedule telcon discussion of possible
    XML/HTML Unification next steps closed

    <noah> ACTION-636 Due 2012-07-15

    <trackbot> ACTION-636 Update product page for Mime and the Web
    due date now 2012-07-15

    <noah> ACTION-201?

    <trackbot> ACTION-201 -- Jonathan Rees to report on status of
    AWWSW discussions -- due 2012-03-31 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [49]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/201

      [49] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/201

    <noah> ACTION-201 Due 2012-05-15

    <trackbot> ACTION-201 Report on status of AWWSW discussions due
    date now 2012-05-15

    <noah> ACTION-649

    <noah> ACTION-649?

    <trackbot> ACTION-649 -- Jeni Tennison to produce a document
    with examples motivating the technical points in the
    Copyright/Linking document -- due 2012-03-20 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [50]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/649

      [50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/649

    <ht> [Larry Masinter joins the call]

    <noah> JT: I found this hard to do, would like to just close
    this.

    <noah> close ACTION-649

    <trackbot> ACTION-649 Produce a document with examples
    motivating the technical points in the Copyright/Linking
    document closed

(URNsAndRegistries-50): Registries

    larry: we need to ensure that fragment identifiers are well
    defined

    jeni: there should also be a place where top-level schemes
    could have a hook to define fragments

    larry: people who register media types should have guidance

    jeni: and the +xml/+json/+... schemes as well

    <masinter> if we're going to ask them to make a reference to a
    document we haven't written, we should have a schedule for when
    we're going to do it

    <noah> Our draft note says:

    <noah> We believe media type registration authors should be
    pointed to these recommendations by reference from
    draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-regs.

    <noah> We would like to coordinate the development of these
    documents effectively and would appreciate your feedback on how
    best to accomplish this.

    <masinter> i'm willing to help, the question is what others on
    the TAG think about priorities

    <masinter> if the rest of the TAG doesn't want to make this a
    top priority, we oculd just say "they should do something but
    we can't be ready in time to really write it ourselves", but
    even then we'd need to review it

    <masinter> well, if you look at their document, i'd imagine
    they'd want something in a similar tone. I'm not sure if it's
    an internet draft / rfc format

    noah: would be better to write it in the form of a TAG document

    main issue is to have the content right

    <masinter> i'd ask appsawg chairs

    <masinter> i don't have anything to say about CORS now

    <jar> CORS is in webappsec -- Brad Hill

    larry: I trust from the people in the groups that there is
    coordination between W3C and IETF; EKR is co-chair of webappsec

    noah: make sense

    <masinter> DANE last call today

    <jar> LM is not suggesting security research in isolation, but
    rather as a test of ideas that we are thinking about elsewhere
    (such as URI semantics and "ownership")

    <noah> ACTION: Larry to prepare overview of DANE for TAG
    consideration - Due 2012-05-15 [recorded in
    [51]http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tagmem-minutes.html#action05]

      [51] http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tagmem-minutes.html#action05

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-697 - prepare overview of DANE for
    TAG consideration [on Larry Masinter - due 2012-05-15].

    noah: I delegate to ht the right to cancel the meeting for next
    week

    ADJOURNED

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Jeni to frame discussion of XML-ER goals and use
    cases - Due 2012-04-24 [recorded in
    [52]http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tagmem-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: Jonathan to check with Thomas Roessler on whether
    security review of CORS is coming up in W3C/IETF liaison
    [recorded in
    [53]http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tagmem-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: Larry to prepare overview of DANE for TAG
    consideration - Due 2012-05-15 [recorded in
    [54]http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tagmem-minutes.html#action05]
    [NEW] ACTION: Noah to work up simple intro to http+aes uri
    scheme and schedule discussion, possibly with PLH - Due
    2012-04-24 [recorded in
    [55]http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tagmem-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: Robin to draft scope and goals for the
    Patterns/Pitfalls work in local/remote storage synch [recorded
    in
    [56]http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tagmem-minutes.html#action01]

      [52] http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tagmem-minutes.html#action04
      [53] http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tagmem-minutes.html#action03
      [54] http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tagmem-minutes.html#action05
      [55] http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tagmem-minutes.html#action02
      [56] http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tagmem-minutes.html#action01

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [57]scribe.perl version
     1.136 ( [58]CVS log)
     $Date: 2012/04/26 13:43:47 $

      [57] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [58] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/







-- 
Baroula que barouleras, au tiéu toujou t'entourneras.

         ~~Yves
Received on Thursday, 26 April 2012 13:48:51 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 15:33:15 UTC