ACTION-694: Introduction to http+aes scheme discussion

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 17:02:57 -0400
To: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
CC: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
Philippe:

Awhile ago, I took TAG ACTION:

ACTION-694: on - Noah Mendelsohn - work up simple intro to http+aes uri
scheme and schedule discussion, possibly with PLH - Due: 2012-04-24 - OPEN

The TAG's interest in this was spurred in part by a post [1] by Julian
Reschke mentioning the HTML5 WG draft of a registration for URI schemes
http+aes and https+aes; Julian's note referenced the text at [2], which
appears no longer to be there. I do note that there is a proposed
registration for the schemes at [3]. Could you please give us a brief
update on the HTML WG's intentions regarding these schemes?

TAG Members: please note that there is a significant and useful e-mail
thread following from [1]; what I'm trying to do here is to discover
whether there is additional information we should know before discussing,
beyond what's in that thread.

Thank you.

Noah

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/2012Mar/0003.html