Re: Question about Encrypted Media Task Force

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 15:00:52 -0700
Cc: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
To: Noah Mendelsohn <noah@arcanedomain.com>

On Apr 14, 2012, at 1:17 PM, Noah Mendelsohn wrote:

> HTML chairs:
>
> On March 15th I took a TAG action to ask you about an HTML Encrypted Media Task force. I infer that this is ongoing? If so, do you have an estimate of what sort of output might be produced, and roughly when? Any information would be much appreciated. Thank you.
>
> Noah
>
> P.S. Tracker, this relates to TAG ACTION-677

The current status is:

- The Task Force has been proposed, but not yet created
- We posted a Call for Consensus on a proposal to create the Task Force
- There have been numerous objections, statements of support, and considerable discussion
- On request, and based on the amount of discussion, the Call for Consensus has been extended until at least April 18th, and may be extended further.

Regards,
Maciej